Overall, I'm still not quite sure if the lessons have helped any. One main issue you face is your dislike of having water in your face, especially your eyes & ears! Every day your instructor went through drills--he had you all sit on the edge and splash with your hands and then splash with your feet. He used a board to teach you how to kick with your legs while keeping your arms super straight (you have a problem with wanting to keep your arms bent). He had you all do "starfish" which is where he taught you (or tried to) how to float on your back--you really didn't like this one because of the water in your ears. Last he had you guys pick a tree and whatever tree you chose, you jumped in the water as that tree.
You had 3 little boys in your group and they were all super rambunctious--none of you listened like you should have and you got very antsy while waiting for your turn. Dad & I had to get on to you several times for jumping in the water when you should've been sitting, etc.
I guess we can always try again next year. You've got a false sense of security right now in our pool because I bought you a swimsuit type thing with built in padding that helps you stay afloat so now you think you can swim all by yourself......







No comments:
Post a Comment