Monday, October 11, 2010

First Eye Dr Appt

You had been complaining of headaches for a few weeks and one of your doctor's visits I mentioned to Dr. Wilson that I wanted to get your eyes examined to rule out poor eyesight as a culprit for all of your headaches. She thought it was a good idea since Daddy & I both had to have eyeglasses at a young age. I made you an appointment at the same clinic we go to (since there are no pediatric optometrists in the state of Arkansas). You saw Dr. Jason Bright on August 5th at 8:30 in the morning. You were such a big girl and listened and did everything you were asked to do. The machine they used told Dr. Bright that you had some slight farsightedness which means you have difficulty focusing on things close to you (which is strange to me since Daddy & I are both nearsighted). He said it wasn't enough to warrant eyeglasses and he felt confident it was something you would "outgrow" as your eyes are continuing to develop. He just suggested that we watch you to make sure you're not squinting, etc when you have things close to you and wants to see you again for a follow-up right before you begin kindergarten. Such a relief you didn't need glasses but you enjoyed getting the special attention, that's for sure!! You love going to the doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment